Seasonal Staffing-Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Provides care to patients with respiratory insufficiency and related complications. Functions as part of the direct patient team to provide overall quality care and serves as a resource and specialist to patients, all patient care givers, and physicians. May be required to exercise clinical judgment under the order of a licensed physician.
- Demonstrates respiratory care competency of critical and clinical skills on an annual basis.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, handle multiple assignments, balance priorities, make decisions quickly, and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all aspects of respiratory therapy to include age specific and related patient care in a safe and competent manner.
- Demonstrates skill in emergency situations based up on department standards, policies, procedures, and protocols. Assumes a leadership role in emergency situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess, identify, and treat patient health conditions as established by organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to make safe, effective, and competent decisions regarding individual patient care. Expresses sound judgment.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide appropriate communication to nursing personnel and/or physicians and other hospital staff as necessary. Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills on all socioeconomic levels using tact and articulation and in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates competency/proficiency in mechanical ventilation, CPAP, and BiPAP skills to include current modes of ventilation and indications for use and calculations of necessary data.
- Demonstrates competency/proficiency in the performance of arterial blood gases and analysis per department policy and procedure. Demonstrates quality control, troubleshooting, and quality assurance per department policy and procedure
Recruiter: Kathleen Rice || email@example.com || 865-835-3727