Clinical Nurse II, Nursing Float Pool
Full- time, 72 Hours Per Pay Period, Nights 7p - 7a
Position Smmary: Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital care/nursing home care.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and family.
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Resolves problems regarding moderately complex issues without oversight or supervision.
- Demonstrates willingness to precept employees/students as directed. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit leader or clinical instructor.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing with diploma, ADN, BSN or MSN
Minimum Experience: Must possess at least one (1) year of professional nursing experience. 3 years preferred.
Licensure Requirement: Valid Tennessee RN license. BLS certification required. ACLS and PALS preferred.