Critical Care Unit
Full-Time Nights 7p-7a
**Excellent base pay plus competitive differential pay per hour, full benefits package including loan repayment assistance and tuition reimbursement!
Roane Medical Center, located in Harriman, TN, is a 145,000 square foot hospital, equipped with 54 private patient rooms, 15 emergency suites, a new cardiac catheterization lab, women’s imaging services and more. Roane Medical Center's Critical Care Unit features all private rooms and a nurse manager who believes that self-scheduling up to 6 weeks out and evidence-based research make an impact on her team's work-life balance.
Position Summary: This role provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
- Correlates patient history and support systems across continuum of care.
- Completes nursing history and initiates patient education.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams making recommendations to facilitate patient care.
- Implements plan of care appropriate to diagnosis and patient needs. Evaluates outcomes.
- Resolves issues regarding complex issues without oversight or supervision.
- Clinical expertise and knowledge is such that Clinical Nurse III can resolve complex patient/management/physician issues without supervision.
- Demonstrates active participation in unit or facility activities.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age specific needs of the population served.
- Leads process improvement initiatives as directed that facilitate achievement of department/facility goals and quality initiatives.
- Serves as Clinical Coach in orientation/continuing education of new employees and students as directed.
- Serves as instructor for annual continuing education events such as skills day, education programs, new equipment in-services, etc. as directed.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Valid Tennessee RN license. BLS required. 2+ years of experience required.