Neurodiagnostic Tech Non-Reg, Neurodiagnostics
PRN/OCC, Variable Hours
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
Position Summary: The Neurophysiology Technician performs at least one modality in neurological testing such as EEGs, Evoked Potential Studies, Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography and/or Nerve Conduction Studies in many patient areas. Assists in tasks related to department operations.
- Prepare for testing procedures by gathering all necessary supplies and set up and calibrate all equipment appropriately.
- Accurately record electrical impulses from the brain and/or other neurophysiological signals.
- Abstract relevant information from the patient's clinical record and obtain additional information by questioning.
- Possess knowledge of calibration, use of and interface of all ancillary equipment.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic neuro anatomy and physiology.
- Possess a clear understanding of activation procedures and responses anticipated.
- Perform general equipment maintenance procedures.
- Possess a good working knowledge of equipment and its function and capabilities.
- Possess a good knowledge of related disorders and disease and clinical correlations as relates to neurodiagnostic testing.
- Possess knowledge of relevant medications and their effects.
- Possess knowledge of charging patients and processing paperwork.
- Maintains lab stock and order supplies when needed.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested or required.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience: Six (6) months experience preferred. Must have 1 year experience in neurodiagnostic field to include EEG and EP testing. Will accept a graduate of a CAAHEP accredited neuro or polysomnography program.
Licensure Requirement: Current CPR certification. Registry in at least one modality of electroneurodiagnostic testing by ABRET, ASET, or AAET within two years is preferred.