Department Assistant, Cancer Conference Coordinator
Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period, Day Shift
Thompson Cancer Survival Center
Position Summary: This position coordinates and performs both clerical and clinical activities and functions of all cancer conferences.
- Prepares and maintains patient charts for all conferences to include all relative medical records, correspondence, laboratory and radiology reports and tracks and requests patient records, slides and films.
- Coordinates appointments, scans and tests, confirms appointments, and notifies appropriate departments, in writing, of daily and weekly patient schedules.
- Requests outside imaging and pathology slides as indicated.
- Assists with summary forms and distribution of summary forms to appropriate clinics.
- Performs vital signs and EMR intake on clinic patients. Responsible for alerting physician of abnormalities.
- Sets up appropriate A/V equipment, troubleshoots, and operates equipment during conference activities.
- Assists with conflict of interest and disclosure forms for conferences.
- Maintains medical supplies in each exam room and office supplies in clerical area.
- Responsible for coordinating CME activities and ensuring requirements are met.
- Prepares monthly statistical data for conferences and reports to conference program director.
- Ensures that all new clinic patients are scheduled with appropriate physicians.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of conference charts, conference case forms, and agendas.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed. Attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as hospital representative.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education: None specified; will accept any combination of formal education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given to individuals possessing a HS diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience: Four (4) years healthcare experience and knowledge of WordPerfect. Preference may be given to individuals with oncology experience.
Licensure Requirement: None.