Patient Account Representative, Perinatology
Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period, Day Shift
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for all aspects of the insurance and billing process.
- Interprets and explains to patients and their families’ charges, services, insurance coverage, and hospital policy regarding payment of their bills.
- Counsels patient or family regarding hospital financial policies including payment arrangements, charity guidelines, and payroll deductions.
- Coordinates all financial aspects from patient responsibility on accounts, including admissions, financial counseling, billing and collection of the account.
- Maintains fees, department records and manuals as required.
- Responsible for billing contract company accounts and FSRMC for inpatient charges.
- Researches and applies necessary adjustment on bankruptcy accounts, interfacing with vendor companies as needed.
- Researches and files necessary paperwork on probate notices on patient accounts, flows through with attorneys and estate reps for resolution of balances due and processes releases as applicable.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Education: None specified; will accept any combination of formal education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given to individuals possessing a HS diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience: Experience in medical billing or financial area required. Strong knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Must be familiar with insurance plans and requirements and collection practices.
Licensure Requirement: None