Transporter, Central Transport
Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period, Variable Shifts
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
Position Summary: Transportation of hospital patients and supplementary items. Performs defined safety protocols. Provides support assistance/activities as needed.
- Transports patients to and from destinations. Accommodates varying degrees of complexity such as the use of oxygen, proper isolation precautions, CPR, lifting and transfer techniques, etc., along with the effective use of equipment such as wheelchairs, stretchers, and beds.
- Monitors and utilizes the patient flow board for assignments.
- Performs defined safety protocols (i.e. double identification, various isolation procedures, equipment maintenance and cleaning, etc.).
- Maintains open lines of communication between patients, family, physicians, peers, and leadership.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: None specified; will accept any combination of formal education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given to individuals possessing a HS diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience: None.
Licensure Requirement: CPR required.