Registered Nurse (RN), Gamma Knife
PRN/OCC, Day Shift, Varied Hours
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
Position Summary: Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital care/nursing home care.
- Assesses needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and family.
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Clinical expertise and knowledge is such that individual can resolve complex patient/management/physician problems without supervision.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Leads process improvement initiatives in their own unit or participate in facility team.
- Precepts new employees/students or attends formal preceptor workshop and is willing to precept. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit leader or clinical instructor.
- Provides four contact hours of educational activities, excluding basic patient education.
- Contributes to development and evaluation of unit orientation program.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of three (3) years professional experience.
Licensure Requirement: Must have and maintain Tennessee State RN licensure. CPR required