Customer Service Coordinator - Materials Management
Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period, Day Shift
Position Summary: Works under the general supervision of the Director of Materials Management to coordinate all customer service needs for the Materials Management Department. Performs all duties necessary to ensure that the ordering, receipt, and delivery of supplies, equipment, or services are completed within hospital guidelines for cost, quality, and timeliness. Works closely with managers, directors, and vice-presidents to analyze supply trends and utilization patterns.
- Serve as the interface between all customers and all Materials Management staff by coordinating individual customer needs with the appropriate Materials Management staff member. Delegates certain tasks to staff as needed.Handles customer complaints, then follows up to assure satisfaction and that appropriate action was taken by management and staff.
- Provides operational support and service to managers, directors, and vice-presidents in matters of supply procurement, including but not limited to requisitioning and purchase of needed items.
- Uses research and analytical skills to study and do reporting on supply trends at the facility, or department level. Uses advanced PC software skills to prepare succinct and meaningful reports for managers and customers.
- Uses problem solving and “Plan-Do-Check-Act” skills to develop solutions to complex problems as presented by management and peers. May be asked to facilitate or be a participant on various quality teams throughout Covenant Health.
- Responsible for effective, timely, and autonomous decision making in matters of customer relations, problem solving, or issues which arise in absence of the director.
- Communicates directly with managers, directors, and vice-presidents as needed to assure their procurement and delivery needs are met.
- Responsible for preparing/communicating purchase orders within policy guidelines on the Materials Management Information System (MMIS).
- Acts as a conduit/consultant between Corporate Purchasing, Information Systems, and requisitioners with regard to electronic requisitioning.Provides training and education to direct customers on topics such as electronic requisitioning, item inquiries, purchase status inquiries, etc.
- Responsible for resolving matters relating to invoice/shipping discrepancies with vendors and finance staff.
- Responsible for professionally communicating with customers, suppliers, and support personnel via telephone, e-mail, or in person.
- Attends meetings as directed/requested with suppliers, customers, support staff, and management.
- Coordinates the tally and submission of weekly payroll information via the automated time keeping system.
- Responsible for maintaining a neat and well organized filing system for documents related to purchase transactions.
- Responsible for coordinating vendor returns, backorders, or evaluations as required or requested by management.
- Recommends product substitutions to customers in cases of vendor backorder or supply shortages.
- Responsible to support and uphold a high ethical standard with respect to business and professional conduct while in the employment of Covenant Health.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Responsible for endorsing, supporting, and exemplifying the vision, values, and purpose statement of Covenant Health and the Materials Management unit.
Minimum Education: None specified; will accept any combination of formal education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the knowledge , skill and ability needed to perform the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be equivalent to an Associate’s degree. Preference may be given to individuals possessing a Bachelor’s degree in a directly-related field from an accredited college or university.
Minimum Experience: None.
Licensure Requirement: None.