Housekeeper, Environmental Services
PRN (per required need), 8 - 48 hours per 2 week pay period, to cover all areas and all shifts
Cleans and sanitizes rooms and furnishing following established policies, procedures, and schedules to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the hospital and related buildings. Also responsible for stocking supplies in restrooms, appropriate hospital and related building rooms.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
- 1. Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- 2. Assists in cleaning of emergency spills observed or upon request.
- 3. Performs daily check of assigned equipment for cleanliness and proper repair.
- 4. Observes and reports the need for repairs to equipment, furnishings, buildings and fixtures.
- 5. Removes waste and soiled linens from work area. Places in specified containers or bags. Demonstrates proper handling of biohazardous wastes.
- 6. Monitors levels of supplies and equipment. Notifies supervisor of need for additional supplies.
- 7. Monitors levels of supplies and equipment. Notifies supervisor of need for additional supplies.
- 7. Performs personal inspection of all tasks performed/areas assigned.
- 8. Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- 9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: HS diploma or GED required.
Minimum Experience: One (1) to three (3) months on the job training for inexperienced workers.
Licensure Requirement: None.