Full- time, 72 Hours Per Pay Period, Nights 7p - 7:30a
The Med-Surg unit is a newly remodeled 37-bed unit housing acutely ill patients with a wide range of medical diagnoses and co-morbidities, as well as a variety of surgical patients, including general surgery, orthopedic, gynecologic, and urologic surgeries. Our nursing team is enthusiastic and loves the role of teaching, accommodating students from local nursing programs as well as new hires. Our unit-level leadership is both transparent and transformational, as well as supportive of autonomy and professional development. If you are looking for what you can bring to a strong team who is dedicated to optimizing outcomes in a patient-centered environment, we have a role for you!
Position Smmary: The LPN/LVN II will provide nursing care under supervision of a registered nurse, within an assigned unit.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
1. Initiates admission database and history, and in collaboration with the RN implements patient and family teaching and care needs.
2. Practices in compliance with all regulatory standards and adheres to all hospital policy and procedures in the performance of duties.
3. Performs and prioritizes nursing care tasks.
4. Accurately follows the nursing plan of care and pertinent medical orders in collaboration and under direction of a RN.
5. Observes and reports nursing interventions and patient responses, and documents in a timely, concise and legible manner.
6. Recognizes, responds and reports changes in patient conditions to RN Team Leader.
7. Demonstrates principles of infection control; collaborates with infection control nurse to ensure safety of patients, visitors, and personnel.
8. Assists in orienting new employees or students to unit routines.
9. Administers IV venipuncture and parenteral fluids per established hospital protocol.
10. Performs specific advanced patient care treatments as approved to perform per hospital protocol.
11. Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
12. Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum of six (6) months experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse; and have successfully completed an IV therapy course developed from the Infusion Nurse Society Standards; or have a minimum of six (6) months experience as a Licensed Practice Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse and have documented proof of having successfully completed a formal institutional/agency-based intravenous therapy training and competency program prior to January 1, 2007 or if after 2007, have completed a formal IV therapy program based on the current INS standards.
Licensure Requirement: Currently licensed by the Tennessee Board of Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse.
Software Powered by iCIMS