Dietary Chef/Cook, Food Services
Full-time, to cover all shifts as needed.
80 hours per 2 week pay period.
Performs a variety of routine duties related to the preparation and serving of food; cleans kitchen area and cooking utensils in areas of Patient Services & Retail Operations. May perform duties to include responsibilities operating AYR (At Your Request) Menu System.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
- 1. Previews menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of meats, vegetables, soups, salads and desserts to be obtained and prepared.
- 2. Plans and coordinates cooking schedules so that foods will be ready at required times.
- 3. Prepares, seasons and cooks food.
- 4. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes.
- 5. Uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment including grinders, slicers, mixers and blenders.
- 6. Ensures that all foods prepared meet existing standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
- 7. Ensures that all cooking equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and proper operation.
- 8. Maintains assigned areas in a clean, neat, and sanitary manner.
- Completes all cleaning tasks assigned within specific timeframe and according to established procedures.
- Completes routine projects or detailed cleaning duties as assigned.
- 9. Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process including the proper use of gloves, hair covering devices, clothing, etc.
- 10. Alerts supervisor to problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment or other unusual conditions.
- 11. Assists with the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- 12. Maintains department records, reports and files as required.
- 13. Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- 14. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED. Must have basic math, reading and writing skills.