Clinical Specialist - OT, Occupational Therapy
Full-Time, 72 Hours Pay Period, Day Shift
The Occupational Therapy department provides care to all areas of the hospital including the medical, orthopedic and critical care units. We also serve patients in the Senior Behavioral Health Unit (SBU) treating geriatric patients that have varied diagnoses ranging from cognitive/behavioral disorders to dementia. The OT Department operates from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., with some later evenings based on patient needs to accommodate day of surgery orthopedic patients. There are two OT Departments; one is located on the 5th floor of the Montvue Tower to serve our medical patients and one on the 3rd floor of the new Dogwood Tower to serve the orthopedic patients. Both OT Departments have full bathrooms with safety equipment installed for ADL training as well as car simulators to practice car transfers. We also perform cognitive assessments to assist with discharge planning and home needs. Our OT Department is very family-oriented and thrives on teamwork and collaboration. We offer a fast-paced, high energy environment working with a variety of practitioners and medical staff to provide excellent care for all of the patients we serve.
Position Summary:Under general direction, plans, evaluates and implements treatment programs for occupational therapy patients. While maintaining a patient load, assumes additional responsibility of program development, staff training and orientation, and consultation in area of expertise for fellow staff members.
1. Advanced clinical practice – including evaluation and specialized treatment of patients.
2. Serves as resource person for staff and senior staff on an ongoing basis.
2. Development, implementation and evaluation of standards of care and evidence based practice:
3. Maintains and updates patient documentation in accordance with professional, departmental, organizational, and payer guidelines and timeframes. Maintains established targets for compliance with chart audits.
4.Meets established targets for:
5. Demonstrates leadership including but not limited to:
6. Complete partnering activities per established targets per month.
7. Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience: Four (4) years of experience with a minimum of three (3) years in specialty area
Licensure Requirements: Must have and maintain Tennessee State Occupational Therapy Licensure, with achievement of at least one (1) of the following at time of hire or placement in the position:
Software Powered by iCIMS