Admissions Coordinator II, Therapy CTR West-PT
PRN/OCC, Day Shift- PRN position to work up to 12hrs/week in order to help cover high volume periods, preferably T,W,F. Prefer at least 2 years experience.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the clinic manager, coordinates the admission functions to therapy centers outpatient services. Monitors and pursues unpaid patient accounts. Serves as financial liaison. This role is specific to high volume clinics as defined by average treatment statistics, patient visits and patient admissions per year. Current high volume criteria will be determined by Therapy leadership in conjunction with Compensation on an as needed basis.
Minimum Education: Non specified; will accept any combination of formal education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given to individuals possessing a Bachelor’s degree in a directly-related field from an accredited college or university.
Minimum Experience: Four (4) years’ experience with case management, business office, admissions or medical records required. Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Two (2) year admitting procedures and insurance providers required.
Licensure Requirements: None
1. Maintains and fosters effective public relations with patients, families, referral sources, third party payors, and staff.
2. Serves as primary position for answering phone calls relating to registration, schedule, charges and accounts.
3. Collaborates with clinicians regarding admission processes, conferences, documentation, and reimbursement issues.
4. Verifies benefits and pre-certifies all outpatient admissions with insurance carriers. Enters information into account notes. Assists in obtaining authorizations as needed.
5. Assesses alternative payment arrangements for or explains co-payments to patient and/or family prior to admission.
6. Tracks Medicare certifications/recertifications for physician signature and authorization.
7. Coordinates assignment of new admissions. Registers, re-registers and discharges patients from the system. Compiles and distributes chart to therapists.
8. Maintains staff schedules and runs charges daily. Audits charge function on daily and monthly basis.
9. Tracks, collects and documents patient co-pays. Prepares copays and report for transport to KBOS.
10. Tracks, documents and coordinates with patients/therapists therapy cap limits.
11. Serves as financial liaison between business office, reimbursement coordinator and patient/family.
12. Audits daily discharge and re-admit report to ensure all patient charts are accounted for. Compiles, organizes and prepares medical records for transport and scanning.
Software Powered by iCIMS