Nurse Practitoner - Psychiatric
Full Time, 80 hours per pay period, Day Shift
Position Summary: Provide mental health services to patients under the supervision of a physician, following established medical protocols. Provides follow-up psychiatric care and medication management to assigned patients.
Minimum Education: Master of Science in Nursing.
Minimum Experience: One (1) to two (2) years experience preferred.
Licensure Requirements: Certification by American Nurses Association as an Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner. Must meet the state’s requirements as an Advanced Practice Nurse/ Nurse Practitioner. CPR required.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards. Participates on process improvement teams.
2. Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required, and adjusts processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
3. Collaborates with supervising physician to formulate and review medical protocols and review care of assigned patients.
4. Obtains complete medical and psychiatric history of patient.
5. Identifies health hazards in the patient’s environment as well as patient risk factors. Identifies and considers the cultural patterns, economic status and patient resources in plan of care.
6. Monitors and adjusts medication for patients assigned to practitioner.
7. Orders appropriate laboratory test pertaining to treatment drug levels.
8. Analyzes objective and subjective data for appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
9. Assures treatment and/or plan of care is consistent with established protocols.
10. Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records and maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc. Documents all pertinent information accurately, legibly, and in a timely manner.
11. Refers patient to appropriate services, which exceed scope of practice of the Nurse Practitioner.
12. Provide health promotion counseling and develop patient teaching information.
13. Serves as a resource person for other staff personnel. May supervise clinical staff.
14. Responsible for periodic review of policy and procedures.
15. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
16. Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
17. Other duties as assigned that are necessary for the proper performance of the job, as determined by training
Software Powered by iCIMS