Team Leader Ultrasound/Cardiac Sonographer, Cardiac Diagnostics
Full Time, 80 hours per pay period, Day Shift
Position Summary: This position is designed to provide supervisory leadership to staff level employees, coordinating activities with the Ultrasound team. The team leader is responsible for office management duties including the following: program development, scheduling of supportive staff, scheduling of inservices, auditing and routing of daily notes, assigning coverage of weekend call for the respective locations, assist in hiring of new staff, performing performance appraisals for staff, attending required meetings, transferring pertinent information to staff, ordering needed equipment and completing billing coding for accounts payable for equipment and contract staff. The Ultrasound team leader is responsible for covering staff and patient needs. Performs all duties of Ultrasound technologists.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience: Clinical training appropriate to the specified modality and either:
a.) ARDMS registered in two (2) modalities; OR
b.) Three (3) years clinical ultrasound experience; plus either:
• ARDMS registered in a single modality, or
• CCI registry-level credential, or
• American Registry of Radiologic Technologist with ultrasound specific registry: ARRT(S) or ARRT (VS).
Licensure Requirement: ADRMS, ARRT (S), ARRT (VS), or CCI required. State licensure in accordance with Tennessee guidelines. CPR required.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
1. Oversees the work of other personnel by training, allocating, and monitoring work. Performs work of a similar nature.
2. Assists in establishing policies and procedures, objectives, process improvement programs and safety standards.
3. Ensures that preventative maintenance is performed according to the established schedule.
4. Reviews and evaluates completed tests for quality, completeness and type of test ordered; ensures quality images.
5. Obtains and documents pertinent clinical information and technical findings for review by physician for order clarification and follow-through.
6. Performs routine diagnostic imaging procedures through technical expertise of equipment and procedure protocol.
7. Assists in maintenance of supplies and imaging areas. Orders needed equipment and forms. Complete billing coding for accounts payable and is responsible for equipment needs.
8. Maintains patient’s confidential records, reports and files.
9. Provides patients and families with procedure explanation and/or written documentation of procedure.
10. Assists licensed independent practitioner with interventional procedure, including time outs according to policy.
11. Proficient in required data entry, record maintenance and statistical data.
12. Responds appropriately and timely to patients, physicians and other customers needs.
13. Coordinates the smooth transition of patients throughout the hospital and other campus locations.
14. Proficient in patient assessment, monitoring and sterile technique as required.
15. Provides assistance with clerical and transport needs.
16. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
17. Demonstrates competent performance of critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the entire life span.
18. Technically proficient in the operation and quality control aspects of scanning and image recording equipment specific to the assigned work area.
19. Displays independent work skills by capably taking physician orders to completion to include correct patient transport, required clerical skills, physician defined scanning parameters, acquisition, filming and physician interpretation.
20. Correct drug procedure and supply charging, stock maintenance and vendor ordering procedure.
21. Efficient coordination of daily work distribution and patient flow.
22. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
23. Performs performance appraisal of staff.
24. Participates in the hiring process: including providing hiring recommendations, appropriate paperwork and coordinating with the Manager and Human Resources.
25. Makes work assignments and directs work activities. Coordination of scheduling taking into account patient needs, patient location, workload ratios skills/competency and staff relief for meetings.
26. Prepares documentation for possible disciplinary actions and recommendations for such action to the Manager.
27. Provides input into educational/orientation needs of team members.
Software Powered by iCIMS