Part-time, 32 hours per pay period.
Provide primary care to patients under the supervision of a physician preceptor, following established medical protocols.
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards.
2. Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required, and adjusts processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
3. Collaborates with physician preceptor to formulate and review medical protocols.
4. Obtains complete medical history of the patient.
5. Identifies health hazards in the patient's environment as well as patient risk factors. Identifies and considers the cultural patterns, economic status and patient resources in plan of care.
6. Performs appropriate physical exam as indicated.
7. Obtains appropriate laboratory specimens.
8. Analyzes objective and subjective data for appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
9. Assures treatment and/or plan of care is consistent with established protocols.
10. Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records and maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc. Documents all pertinent information accurately, legibly, and in a timely manner.
11. Follows Medicare guidelines for accuracy in CPT and ICD coding.
12. Applies the fundamentals of AIDET when communicating with patients.
13. Refers patient to appropriate services which exceed scope of practice of the practitioner.
14. Provide health promotion counseling and develop patient teaching information.
15. Serves as a resource person for other staff personnel. May supervise clinical staff.
16. Responsible for periodic review of policy and procedures.
17. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
18. Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
19. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
20. Collaborate with the patient, physician and other care team members as part of a team based approach to overall patient care.
Licensure Requirement: Certification by American Nurses Association as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Must meet the State's requirements as a Nurse Practitioner. CPR required.
Minimum Experience: One to two (1 to 2) years experience, family practice preferred.
Software Powered by iCIMS