Full Time (80 hours per pay period)
Sun-Thur, 5p- 2:30a
Performs physician defined routine and specialized diagnostic imaging procedures. Provides support assistance/activities as needed.
1. Applies principles of ALARA to minimize exposure to patient, self and others; determines appropriate exposure factors and protocols.
2. Collaborating patient’s clinical history with procedure, ensuring information is documented and available for use by a licensed independent practitioner.
3. Completes and verifies accurate informed consents.
4. Assists in inventory control.
5. Maintains established department policies/procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety and safety requirements.
6. Assists in the care of equipment. Cleans area.
7. Assumes responsibility for patient needs before, during and post procedures; proactively assists patients, families, licensed independent practitioners and visitors as needed.
8. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines for patient confidentiality.
9. Receives training and acts as a super user for training other imaging personnel. Attends in-services and other training seminars. May assist in the training and orientation of other staff.
10. May transport patients. Assists in other areas of imaging as needed.
11. Receiving, scheduling, relaying and documenting verbal, written and electronic orders in the patient’s medical record.
12. Proficient in all clerical duties, radiology information systems and PACS.
13. Applies the principle of patient safety during all aspects of radiographic procedures, including double IDs, falls, transport and hand washing.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience: Must have successfully completed a radiography educational program that is
accredited by a mechanism acceptable to the ARRT.
Licensure Requirement: ARRT (R) and within six (6) months ARRT (CT) OR Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMCTB) and within six (6) months ARRT (CT) required. State licensure in accordance with Tennessee guidelines. CPR required.
Software Powered by iCIMS